Update as of May 18, 2017: The application period for ILPD is now closed. Please check back for upcoming opportunities!
Apply For a Scholarship!
The Chamberlin Family Foundation is offering up to 30 scholarships for West Contra Costa school leaders to attend this professional development opportunity, with up to 3 attendees per school. Principals, vice principals, and instructional coaches are eligible.
4-day Instructional Leader Professional Development Series (ILPD)
Relay GSE is offering a new kind of leader training program designed specifically for principals, vice principals, and instructional coaches. Drawing content from the National Principal and Supervisor’s Academy, Relay is excited to bring a 4-day, streamlined program to California to prepare school administrators to become more effective instructional and cultural leaders. The program provides actionable tools and systems aimed at making instructional coaching data driven, efficient, and impactful.
Sessions will be held in the Bay Area (specific location TBA) and will be broken up into two segments so attendees can digest and implement their learnings and return for follow-up.
Session 1: July 25–26
Session 2: Sept 28–29
Participants in the Instructional Leadership Professional Development program will focus deeply on two key elements of instructional leadership:
- DATA-DRIVEN INSTRUCTION – Learn how to implement school-wide systems for collecting and analyzing student work to ensure that all students meet rigorous expectations.
- OBSERVATION & FEEDBACK – Help your teachers grow to their full potential by building a schedule that supports frequent classroom observations and focused feedback meetings.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a 1-2 page application on school letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before April 28 with the following information:
- Name and titles of all attendees from your school
- Your school’s SMART goals
- Short answer: What is your current approach to instructional leadership?
- Short answer: Why you believe this training will be helpful?
- Short answer: How would this training tie into your school’s SMART goals?
Applications due April 28, 2017