TEACHER GRATITUDE GRANTS ARE BACK!
The Chamberlin Family Foundation’s annual Gratitude Grants program offers West Contra Costa public school teachers individual grants to appreciate their hard work and dedication to their students. Since 2015, we’ve proudly awarded over 1,800 Gratitude Grants totaling more than $450,000 to TK-12 public school teachers across our district’s 65 public schools. This year, we’re poised to award more Gratitude Grants than ever before!
With Gratitude Grants, teachers have supplemented classroom libraries, purchased math manipulatives, added learning games, refreshed art supplies, updated software, and so much more. Whatever their use, we offer Gratitude Grants so teachers can add a little something extra to their classroom to improve student success.
The 2020 Gratitude Grant application process is NOW OPEN!
GRATITUDE GRANTS – QUICK INFO
Application Period: February 10, 2020 (NOW OPEN!)
Application Deadline: March 10, 2020 at 11:59pm
Gratitude Grants will be distributed in the form of American Express gift cards, which must be used to purchase the items described in the grant application.
New this year:
- All Gratitude Grants will be awarded at the $250 level. Awardees must apply the entire amount to classroom enhancements.
- New online platform makes the application process easier than ever.
- You will be required to upload an image of your school identification badge so we can verify your eligibility.
As always, Gratitude Grants are awarded on a rolling basis, and notifications will be sent out as soon as we process your application (typically within two weeks of your submission date).
Please apply, and share with colleagues who deserve a bit of gratitude!
INFO FOR GRATITUDE GRANT APPLICANTS
You must be a currently-employed, full-time West Contra Costa public school teacher in grades TK-12 to be eligible to apply for a Gratitude Grant. A maximum of one application per teacher will be considered each year. Learn more in our Official Guidelines section (below).
Eligible teachers must access the 2020 Gratitude Grant Application online to apply. Applicants must create a Submittable account using their full name and an authorized school email address.
Applicants will receive a submission confirmation at the email address provided upon submission of the grant application form. We will be reviewing applications and approving grant awards on an on-going basis. Successful applicants will typically receive an email notification (via Submittable) within two weeks once approved. If you don’t receive a notification, please check all inboxes (filtered, promotional, spam, etc.) to confirm before contacting us.
If you have questions or concerns about your application status, or haven’t received a status notification by March 17, 2020, you may contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
February 10, 2020: Grant Application Period Opens
March 10, 2020: Grant Application Period Closes
March 18, 2020: Final Gratitude Grant notifications sent to teachers
April-May, 2020: Grants available to all awardees
ABOUT THE SUBMITTABLE APPLICATION PLATFORM
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Gratitude Grants (the “Grant Program”) is only open to teachers working full-time at a West Contra Costa public school at the time of applying and receiving the grant award. West Contra Costa is an area in Contra Costa County that incorporates the cities of El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington, North Richmond, Pinole, San Pablo, Richmond. For the purposes of these Official Guidelines, Chamberlin Family Foundation (“Sponsor”) is defining “Teacher” as an individual who holds the role of TK-12 Classroom Teacher, SPED Teacher, Resource Specialist, Education Specialist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Employment/Vocation Specialist (for Transition Program only), College Counselor, Librarian, School Psychologist, Literacy Coach, Instructional Coach, and School Counselor. Any individuals holding roles in a WCC school outside of these 13 designated roles, are not eligible for a grant.
- Application Period. The Application Period will begin at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“P.T.”) on February 10, 2020 and end at 11:59PM P.T. on March 10, 2020 (the “Application Period”). The Application Period consists of a submission period for grant applications.
- How to Apply. To apply, during the Application Period, complete an official application that will require you to submit a picture of your teacher badge, as well as a written response on how funds will be used, as outlined in the official application form. Applicant’s response should describe how the funds will benefit the applicant’s classroom and students; use of funds for the applicant’s own professional development, travel, study or similar purposes will not be considered. The official application form is available online only by visiting CFF’s Gratitude Grant page at https://www.cffoundation.net/get-involved/teacher-grants/. Complete the application form with all required information including general details about you as a teacher and your school site, then submit the entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. Only the person whose name is on the application can apply on behalf of themself. Sponsors reserve the right to require substantiation of the claims and stated facts contained in any application, and to disqualify an applicant if such claims cannot be substantiated. Sponsors also reserve the right to require evidence of employment verification at any time. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible applications. All applications become property of Sponsors and none will be returned. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of application tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, applicants agree to the terms of these Official Guidelines and to receive e-mails from Sponsors or those directed by Sponsors regarding Sponsors’ products and services as well as Chamberlin Family Foundation’s digital newsletter.
- Grant Recipient Selection. The criteria for getting approved for a grant award will be (i) the applicant’s eligibility, (ii) the successful submission of their employment verification by submitting a picture of their teacher badge, (iii) an explanation of how funds will be used in furtherance of the applicant’s students and classroom. Decisions of Sponsors shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Each Grant Recipient will receive: (i) A $250 American Express gift card to support efforts related to their classroom resourcing and students. (ii) An invitation to our annual Gratitude Grants event.
- Grant Recipient Notification and Acceptance. Selected grant recipient will be notified on an on-going basis; if not, by Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the latest. Sponsors will notify selected grant recipients through their Submittable account and e-mail notifications sent through their Submittable account. The Grant Recipient agrees to collect their grant award in-person and will be asked to show a Photo ID for verification purposes. Failure to pick-up grant award after all the opportunities the Sponsor offers for pick-up may result in disqualification of the associated Grant Recipient and forfeiture of his or her interest in all grant awards. Grant Recipients will be invited, but are not obligated, to attend a celebratory event in Richmond, California. Grant Recipients may waive their right to receive the grant award. Grant awards are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Grant Recipients. Each Grant Recipient may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as directed by Sponsors. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Guidelines, may result in a Grant Recipient’s disqualification, and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the grant award. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any award constitutes a Grant Recipient’s consent to the Sponsor’s publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Any Grant Award not redeemed and claimed by eligible Grant Recipients in accordance with these Official Guidelines will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors.
- Participation. By participating, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Guidelines and the decisions of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Grant Program as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Grant Program is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Grant Program, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Grant Program. Should the Grant Program be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award grants based on the applications received before and/or after the termination date, or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsors. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible applications, or for failure to receive applications or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsors. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of applying will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account.
- Release. By applying to the Grant Program (and, if applicable, by receipt of grant), each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Grant Program or, for each Grant Recipient, receipt or use or misuse of any grant award.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Grant Program; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Grant Program; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Grant Program or the processing of applications; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen grant awards; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Grant Program or receipt or use or misuse of any grant award. If for any reason an entrant’s application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another application in the Grant Program unless it is not possible to award another application due to discontinuance or completion of the Grant Program.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Grant Program or any grant awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for California or the appropriate California State Court located in Richmond, CA U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Grant Program, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Guidelines, or the rights and obligations of the Grant Recipients and Sponsors in connection with the Grant Program shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these guidelines shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these guidelines shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsors, Grant Recipient List and Official Guidelines. Gratitude Grants Program is sponsored by the Chamberlin Family Foundation located at 855 Marina Bay Richmond, CA 94804 (collectively, “Sponsors”). The decisions of Sponsors regarding the selection of Grant Recipients and all other aspects of the Grant Program shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Guidelines or in other materials relating to the Grant Program. For a copy of these Official Guidelines, visit https://www.cffoundation.net/get-involved/teacher-grants/. If you have any questions regarding this Grant Program, please contact Chamberlin Family Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at email@example.com with any questions about the application process, or if you don’t hear a decision from us within 1-2 weeks of submitting. Remember that our notification will be delivered via the Submittable platform, so please check for email in all inboxes and login to Submittable to review any notifications before contacting us for further assistance.