New ratings for licensed child are programs in Contra Costa have been published by Quality Matters, Contra Costa’s quality rating and improvement system.
“2017 child care quality ratings are in!
We have new ratings for 40 licensed child care programs participating in Quality Matters, Contra Costa County’s quality rating and improvement system that helps programs offer the best care possible. Combined with last year’s ratings, we now have ratings for 109 licensed child care programs. View the ratings here.
Quality Matters rates child care programs using a scale of one to five on elements including:
- Providing positive, engaging teacher-child interactions
- Providing a safe, healthy and stimulating environment
- Teacher training and qualifications
- Using recommended assessments to check if children are learning new skills and developing on track
- Ratio and class size (centers only)…”